Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Spring Stars Quilt


I bought the fabric for this quilt (with the exception of the white background fabric) as a quilt kit, but I didn't like the pattern. There was NO background fabric! It just didn't show off these great prints. They remind me of spring and should just be allowed to shine. The fabric is Aviary 2 by Joel Dewberry. I just decided to add some background fabric and whipped up a bunch of stars. This is the first quilt I have finished that I made without using a pattern. Figuring out the math to make sure I had enough fabric was much harder than I thought! Kudos to all of those pattern designers out there! It's a lot of work!

I am thrilled with the way this quilt turned out! It currently resides in my family room on the quilt ladder so I can see it every day. I think it will eventually become my daughter's quilt as these are her favorite colors.

Thanks for stopping by and make sure you check out all the fabulous quilts at the Blogger's Quilt Festival!


AmysCreativeSide

7 comments:

  1. very nice, the colors sure pop against the white fabric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty - glad you decided to ditch the pattern and follow your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love star quilts and yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at this quilt! I love Joel Dewberry fabrics, and you sure made a gorgeous rendition here. Good call transforming whatever it would have been like. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I like the colors so much and putting them on a white background was a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt! Great way to show off the gorgeous Aviary 2!

    ReplyDelete