Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Finish ~ Quilting Retreat

Last weekend, I went on a quilt retreat at Quilting on the Rim. It was great! This is the second year I have gone, and I loved every minute! I took a large project that will take me a while to finish, so I didn't finish much. I did have the forethought to know that I would want to come home with at least one finished project. So I took this tree skirt. It is an instant gratification kind of project, and after making close to 250 flying geese, instant gratification was necessary. I will show you the flying geese W.I.P. next week.

I have since decided that this will not be a tree skirt, as I don't want to cut a hole in the middle. I am going to use it as a table topper or wall hanging.

Pattern = Star Medallion Tree Skirt by Deonn at Quiltscapes
Fabric = Holly Jolly by My Mind's Eye for Riley Blake (white is from my stash)

No comments:

Post a Comment