Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Twirly Girly Skirt

My daughter and husband went to Venezuela for Christmas to spend it with my husband's family. It was my daughter's first time going. She was so excited to meet her only female cousin and they just happen to be the same age! 
Every time we went shopping, she would ask me to buy them matching outfits. And I did buy a few things, but I wanted them to have something really cute to wear for the holiday parties they would be attending. So I came up with this skirt. (I bought the blouses from French Toast. Their blouses tend to run a bit small, so I just buy the next size up.) The skirt is a mod podge of several patterns. I am thrilled with the way it turned out, and so were they as this turned out to be the ultimate twirly skirt. I know, it has been months since I made this, but I finally took my kids out to get some decent pictures of them. And I still really love this skirt!
The fabric is Terrain by Kate Spain for Moda. The skirt was largely inspired by the dresses in the wonderful book Girls World by Jennifer Paganelli. Just the pictures make it worth purchasing! Beautiful book, great patterns! Can't say enough good stuff about it.


I am linking up to Made by You Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment