Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Snowman Quilt - Finished!

I loved this quilt when I finished piecing it, but life got in the way (new house, new baby) before I could get it quilted. I finished the top over a year ago and just got it quilted a few weeks before Christmas. I got to quilt this myself at my friend's house. It was so much fun!

The back didn't come out quite like I planned, but I still like it. I had planned for the pieced part to end in colors other than red, but I didn't do the math quite right. At least I learned something for the future.
The pattern is "Done in a Jiff" by Heartspun Quilts. The fabric is Holly Jolly Snowmen by Kathy Schmitz for Moda. You really must check out Kathy Schmitz's blog! Her chalkboard doodles are so fun! I think I need a chalkboard...

No comments:

Post a Comment