Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Velvet Grape Socks


Did you have a good Thanksgiving? I did. It was so much fun to be with family and friends.
I have been wanting to show you these socks for a while now. I made them for my sister and finally gave them to her. They are made with Malabrigo Sock in Velvet Grape. The colors in this yarn are stunning. The picture doesn't even begin to show all the beautiful hues. Plus the yarn is so soft. This is my current favorite sock yarn for adult socks. I can't wait to make more socks with this yarn!
The pattern is Adirondack Socks. It was in the Fall 2009 issue of Interweave Crochet. I have never crocheted socks before, and I was very happy with the outcome. The pattern was easy to follow, which is the key to success in any project.
If you ever decide to knit or crochet a pair of socks, make sure you use a good quality yarn. It really does make a difference!

2 comments:

  1. how fun, I can't even follow a pattern much less a pattern for socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they are so warm and comfy! I love them!

    ReplyDelete