Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas PJ's

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I know we did. It was of the nice, quiet, stay at home variety - my favorite kind.
Every year the kids get new pajamas on Christmas Eve. Last year was the first time I made pj's for my daughter. After making these pajamas, I realized I DO NOT like making pajama tops. Even though these lavender flannel pj's are among my favorites, pj tops take too long and she grows too fast!


So this year (and several pair of PJ's before this) I made pants and appliqued a t-shirt. I think the applique is so much more fun, to make and to look at. It wasn't until this morning that I realized the gingerbread man has no mouth, and my daughter wants him to have a bow around his neck. I will have to fix that ASAP.
The fabric for the pants is from Northcott and may be a year or two old. I don't know for sure as it came from my mom's stash. I don't remember the name of the line. The t-shirt is from Target and the gingerbread man applique is a scrap from a friend's stash.


As my other kiddos outgrow the need for pajamas with feet, they will start getting the really cute stuff, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment