Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Finished Quilt

I love this quilt! I am a little sad to be giving it away, but at least it's for someone I adore. I wanted to make a queen size version of this quilt for my bedroom, but after this experience, I'm glad I didn't. It was a lot of hard work and way beyond my skill level (this is only my 2nd quilt). I learned a ton and am grateful for the experience and the help. I couldn't have finished it without my mom, who was instrumental in piecing the top (I did all the cutting and sewing and Mom did all the pinning), and Kathy, who quilted it for me.

The quilt pattern is called Making History and is from the magazine Quilt Sampler Fall/Winter 2008. The fabric is Gallery in Red by Marcus Brothers.

THANKS, MOM!

THANKS, KATHY!
And it only took 45 days start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment